Thursday, July 25, 2013

Froggy

The night I got back from the 22nd North American Symbiotic Nitrogen Fixation Conference [1], Leann had to come pick me up at the bus station. I didn't get in until after Lilli's bedtime, so we had a friend come over and babysit (read: watch The Singles Ward while she slept) while Leann came to get me. While bringing my luggage into the apartment I spotted a medium-sized American Toad (Bufo americanus) hopping across the sidewalk. Of course, I had to catch it. The next morning I showed it to Lilli and then we let it go.


After we'd played with it for a little while we dropped it off at the edge of the University of Wisconsin–Madison Arboretum (which is also a great place to see fireflies [2]).


Notes:

[1] See my post 22nd NASNFC.

[2] See my post <falsetto>Awesome!</falsetto>.

No comments:

Post a Comment