Saturday, October 5, 2013

Product Review: Gatorade: Limón Pepino

While riding a bus from Minneapolis back to Madison after the 22nd North American Symbiotic Nitrogen Fixation Conference [1], we stopped at a remote gas station somewhere between the two cities. I was feeling rather thirsty, so I was browsing the drink selection when I spotted this drink. I was intrigued because I'd had agua de pepino ("cucumber water") when I was serving as an LDS missionary in México [2], and had enjoyed it. So I gave this one a chance.

My verdict: The skin of a cucumber and the flesh of a cucumber have distinguishable tastes. The flavor of the skin is intense and bitter, and many people complain of burping this flavor back up after eating cucumbers. The flavor of the flesh is milder and smoother. For some reason Gatorade decided to make this drink taste like the skin instead of the flesh. It was so gross! Everyone I shared this with agreed—it was horrible. Save yourself and your loved ones by not purchasing or consuming this beverage.


Notes:

[1] See my post 22nd NASNFC.

[2] For those who are unsure why Latter-day Saints (Mormons) go on missions, I recommend you visit here and here, where you can learn more about LDS beliefs concerning sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you have more questions, ask and maybe I'll do a full post on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment