Thursday, February 3, 2011

Product Review: Fiorucci Prosciutto

Prosciutto is a thinly sliced cured pork originating in Italy. I first tried it when I went on a road trip to Los Angeles or Las Vegas (I don't remember which) with my friend Ben Andersen. He served his mission [1] in Italy where he got to eat the real deal. He brought some on the trip and we ate it on dinner rolls.


My verdict: Since it's been many years since the last time I had prosciutto, I can't really compare this experience with that one. However, the prosciutto was tasty on the sandwich I made with it.[2] Unfortunately Leann said my breath smelled funny after eating it ("a little revolting" were her exact words), so I probably won't allowed to have it anymore. Sigh.


Notes:

[1] For those who are unsure why Latter-day Saints (Mormons) go on missions, I recommend you visit here and here, where you can learn more about LDS beliefs concerning sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you have more questions, ask and maybe I'll do a full post on the topic.

[2] The sandwich had ciabatta bread, Havarti cheese, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, Miracle Whip, and horseradish mustard. To see what I thought of the Havarti cheese, read my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment