Saturday, September 10, 2011

Product Review: McCadam Horseradish Cheddar Cheese

Leann has repeatedly expressed her disgust with goat cheese (owing to living next to a rather pungent billy goat which she avers smelled exactly like goat cheese tastes). That fact has made her equally distrustful of sheep cheeses. So after recently purchasing a sheep cheese (P'tit Basque [1]), I bought this one so that Leann would have something to try. Along with it we bought an Italian dry salami. (On a side note, it wasn't until I was about to publish this post that I noticed that the brand name is McCadam, not McAdam).


My verdict: As a snack cheese it was fine. I could taste both the cheddar and the horseradish (though Leann couldn't detect the cheddar very well). It had a nice, smooth consistency and paired very well with the dry salami. However, I wouldn't buy this for putting on a sandwich—you might as well just use cheddar cheese and horseradish sauce.


Notes:

[1] You can read my review of that cheese here.

No comments:

Post a Comment