Thursday, October 27, 2011

Product Review: Doritos Flamas

With a name like Flamas (the Spanish word for "flames") and a picture of the product wreathed in fire, this bag of chips is almost insisting that you are too wimpy to handle it. Well, I picked up that gauntlet and it was a rough duel indeed. But at the end it was I, not the bag of chips, who was still standing.


My verdict: These were very similar to, if not exactly the same as, Doritos 3rd Degree Burn: Scorchin' Habanero Chips.[1] The only point on which I'm unsure is that I don't remember whether the 3rd Degree Burn chips had a hint of lime flavor, or not. Be warned that these are very spicy—after just a handful of chips I was in significant pain. I really like the flavor, though.


Notes:

[1] They were also very similar to the flavor of Takis: Fuego. You can read my review of those chips here.

2 comments:

  1. 'flamas's flames? I thought that was 'llamas'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected. flamas is the Latin term from which the Spanish llamas is derived. See here.

    ReplyDelete