Friday, December 2, 2011

Product Review: Ricolino Candies Bubu Lubu

During my time as a missionary [1] in Monterrey, I came across a variety of foods that are unique to México. That is, they used to be unique. As immigration from México to the United States increases, so does the number of Mexican products imported into the U.S. Bubu Lubu is one of those products I've recently rediscovered here in the U.S. If I remember correctly [2], it was common to eat them frozen, so I broke this one in two and stuck half in the freezer.


My verdict: Let me start off by saying that while I remembered having these in México, I don't remember liking them. They have a marshmallow layer, covered with a raspberry filling, all coated in chocolate. I'm not very fond of marshmallow, so I don't really like them. They're a little better frozen, though.


Notes:

[1] For those who are unsure why Latter-day Saints (Mormons) go on missions, I recommend you visit here and here, where you can learn more about LDS beliefs concerning sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you have more questions, ask and maybe I'll do a full post on the topic.

[2] Or it could've been Gansitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment