Thursday, March 26, 2020

Product Review: Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Vinegar potato chips

Before he got married, my Uncle Derek accompanied my nuclear family on several summer vacations. On one of those vacations (I can't remember which, but it was either the trip to Oregon or the trip to Alberta), he introduced my nuclear family to Cape Cod potato chips. We were ecstatic about them. In my memory they were so good. I don't recall what flavor he shared with us, but we devoured them. (However, it's entirely plausible that we would've enthusiastically emptied any bag of potato chips he decided to share with us, regardless of brand.[2]) It's not an easy brand to track down in Utah, but I rediscovered it while we were in Wisconsin.

My verdict: These chips have a nice crunch to them—actually a little bit too much for my current preferences. The flavor was pretty good, but not great. Cape Cod adds a small amount of apple cider vinegar and some of that flavor definitely carried through. I was reminded of the Boulder Canyon Malt Vinegar & Sea Salt Kettle Cooked potato chips I've tried previously.[1] Overall, these are pretty good chips, but not my favorite.


Notes:

[1] See my review here.

[2] I also recall a road trip (maybe this one, maybe a different one) where we had fat-free Pringles. We devoured those, too, not knowing the main side effect of Olestra.

No comments:

Post a Comment