Saturday, March 21, 2020

Product Review: Doritos nth Degree Burn

In 2010 Doritos released three new flavors of their corn tortilla chips (but only for a limited time). All three were spicy and were given names that reflected that aspect of their flavor. They were: First-Degree Burn (jalapeño-flavored), Second-Degree Burn (buffalo-wing-flavored), and Third-Degree Burn (habanero-flavored).




The 1st Degree Burn tortilla chips are dark yellow in color. They're fairly spicy, but I was usually able to eat my fill before the heat got to me. I wasn't really a fan of the flavor.

The 2nd Degree Burn tortilla chips (no picture) weren't particularly spicy. I wasn't crazy about the flavor, either.


The 3rd Degree Burn tortilla chips are a deep red color. When you eat your first one, the heat isn't immediately apparent. But it quickly builds. I'll be completely honest. If the only thing I was eating was these chips, I could usually eat about ten before I had to stop because I was enchilado.[1] So, as you can imagine, it took me a long time to go through the whole bag. A long time. But I really liked the flavor in spite of their intense heat.


Notes:

[1] This is the term Mexicans use to indicate that it burns too much to continue eating peppers. By this time you've already subjected yourself to a great deal of pain and suffering. You can break down the word to understand what it means: en- means "in", chile means "chili pepper", and -ado is equivalent to the English suffix "-ated"; so: "in-chili pepper-ated".

No comments:

Post a Comment