Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Product Review: Doritos Taco Flavor Tortilla Chips

Let's be honest. There's something a little scary about a taco-flavored anything that isn't actually a taco. It's almost certainly going to taste like cumin and chili powder.[1] And at first glance (or, first nibble, if you prefer), that seems like it would be a little unpleasant. However, I'm fairly adventurous, so I gave these chips a try.


My verdict: They definitely tasted like cumin and chili powder, as predicted. But my apprehensions notwithstanding, these chips weren't bad. I guess the corn rounds out the flavor, or something. However, my experience with taco-flavored chips wasn't transformative enough that I'd buy them again. I like other flavors of Doritos better.


Notes:

[1] Even though this is typical of Amercan-made Mexican food, I rarely encountered cumin during my time in México. And fresh chili peppers were preferred over chili powder.

2 comments:

  1. It's got the old logo! Did you use a time machine to find these?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, no time machine. If you look at the top left corner you'll see a red triangle that says "Limited Edition".

    ReplyDelete