Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Product Review: Olé Quesadilla Cheese

A few weeks ago, as we were getting ready to move [1], Leann decided to make quesadillas for dinner since they're quick and simple (which meant they wouldn't get in the way of packing). As part of my ongoing curiosity about cheeses [2], particularly Mexican cheeses, I decided to buy a brick of Quesadilla Cheese, since it's specifically intended for use in quesadillas.


Like many of the other Mexican cheeses I've tried (but not all), Quesadilla Cheese is very similar to Mozzarella. It was slightly saltier and seemed aged longer, which added a little more flavor to the quesadilla. When we ran out of tortillas, I continued eating the cheese by putting it on ham sandwiches where it functioned exactly like Mozarella. This cheese was good, but (as you can probably guess), you might as well just buy Mozarella.


Notes:

[1] See my post Out of the Old and Into the New.

[2] The quickest way to see my reviews of other cheeses is to select the Reviews tab at the top of this page. Then scroll down to where it says Products and hit the button that says Show/Hide. My favorite non-Mexican cheese so far has been Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese; my favorite Mexican cheese so far has been La Morenita Manchego cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment