Sunday, October 31, 2010

People Who Smell Like Their Pets

My coworker and I were discussing how you can tell if someone has indoor cats because they smell like 'a cat lady' i.e. they smell like cat urine. These people are easy to pick out in society. For example, the other day I was at the temple, and I was sitting next to a lady whom I'd never met—I didn't even know her name! Yet I knew that she had multiple indoor cats because of the way she smelled.

I then had the thought: If aliens were to keep humans as pets, would other aliens be able to identify them because they had 'the human smell'? I then thought of people who walk through a store and you can smell them from twenty feet away because they do not shower/use deodorant. This smell can linger for hours. So I decided, yes, if aliens kept humans as pets they would be identifiable by 'the human smell'.


Image attribution:

I tried to find the copyright owner for the ridiculously cute kitten. But a TinEye search turned up 591 results, so I gave up. If the copyright owner finds this and objects to its usage, let me know and I'll take it down as quickly as possible.

1 comment: