Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Lillian's Favorite Things

Lillian hasn't experienced raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens. She doesn't have any bright copper kettles or warm woolen mittens. The packages she's received [1] weren't in brown paper…but she loves strings.[2] Here are a few more of Lillian's favorite things.[3]


First, tags. No matter what they're on.


And then there's zippers.


Her toes, of course.

But her favorite, favorite things are the things she's not supposed to have. Like…


Daddy's shoelaces…


The grungy heart slippers Daddy bought for the Mr. Colony contest [4]


The remote control…


Mommy's hair…


And the camera.


Notes:

[1] See my post Lillian's First Christmas.

[2] See my post entitled Yarn.

[3] You've probably figured out that the allusion is to the song from Rodgers and Hammerstein's The Sound of Music. Let me just voice my discontent right now that this has been co-opted as a Christmas song. It has nothing to do with Christmas.

[4] I didn't win, but I was one of the runners-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment