Monday, April 9, 2012

Lillian's First Easter


Saturday morning Leann and I hid each other's Easter baskets.[1] Well, Leann didn't want to bring her Easter basket up from the storage unit, so she just had me hide her bag of candy. I stuffed it inside the recliner. She had to ask for several clues to find it. I had several errands to run, so Leann went easy on me and put my basket in a fairly simple hiding place. Saturday evening Leann and I dyed eggs. Like last year [2] I added some oil to the dye for some of the eggs. The next morning Leann creamed the eggs and we ate them over toasted English muffins with a side of bacon.




Lillian got to try on her new Easter dress. Unfortunately she still doesn't get to go to Church, so the only people that got to see her were family that saw her on Skype. While taking the outside pictures, Lilli kept trying to grab the grass. We gave her a sprig of flowering plum to play with instead. So she ate it.


Here she is promenading in her Easter dress.


For Easter dinner Leann baked a ham. On the side we had garlic potatoes and green beans, Watergate salad, and applesauce.


And for dessert a Lemon–Blueberry Yogurt Loaf.[3]


Notes:

[1] This is a family tradition Leann's family has that we're continuing.

[2] See here.

[3] Find the recipe at http://sweetpeaskitchen.com/2011/05/15/lemon-blueberry-yogurt-loaf/.

No comments:

Post a Comment