Monday, May 14, 2012

Banging Things

You've probably figured out by now that if you're reading on this blog about something Lillian is doing, she's probably been doing it for a while already—I just haven't gotten around to posting about it.[1] Such is the case with this post. Lilli has been banging toys for months now. But I only recently got the videos I wanted. Why do babies bang things? My perusal of the internet didn't turn up any hard facts. But, for one thing, it seems to be because they realize that they're responsible for the noise it makes. So they're entertaining themselves by making noise. It also helps with hand-eye coordination. Even though she's been doing it for months, she still likes to do it occasionally. (But now there are more interesting activities, like walking [2]).


She likes to bang things on the ground.


And she bangs them together.


Notes:

[1] In fact there are some, like finding toys hidden under blankets, that are such old news that I won't be posting about them at all.

[2] See my post Walking (With Help).

No comments:

Post a Comment