Thursday, February 3, 2011

Product Review: Combos Cheeseburger Cracker

Combos were one of my favorite snacks when I was a kid. For a long time I thought they'd stopped making them, but then I started discovering them here and there. Last summer, when I went to Colombia, Missouri for the 21st North American Nitrogen Fixation Conference [1], I found a store that was selling Combos flavors I'd never even heard of. I bought them all and brought them home to try with Leann. I don't even remember what those flavors were, now, but when I spotted cheeseburger-flavored Combos at Wal-Mart, I decided to buy them, since I couldn't remember whether I'd already had them or not.


My verdict: Leann correctly guessed that the flavor of these Combos would be dill. Since I don't really like the flavor of dill, I didn't really like these Combos. In fact, Leann pointed out that they taste exactly like a McDonald's hamburger with dill pickles. Exactly. So if you like McDonald's hamburgers and/or dill pickles, then these are the Combos for you. I'll admit, though, that after eating most of the bag I couldn't taste the dill anymore and then they were alright. Even so, I'll be restricting my future Combos purchases to tastier alternatives.


Notes:

[1] If you'd like to know what nitrogen fixation is, see my post What Is It That Matt Does, Anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment