Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Product Review: Tim's Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips

I definitely buy tangy potato chips (i.e. vinegar or lime) more often than I buy more conventional flavors of potato chip (i.e. sour cream and onion, barbecue, or plain). I also buy them more often than I buy Doritos. I've previously reviewed Lay's kettle-cooked sea salt and vinegar chips and Kettle brand sea salt and vinegar chips.[1] This time around I decided to try the bag which looked like part of a barbershop quartet (it's only missing the straw boater).



My verdict: The bag says that the chips are extra thick and crunchy. That much, at least, was true. They were definitely crunchier than the other salt and vinegar chips I've tried. The chips were plenty greasy and salty, but the vinegar flavor was almost completely absent. And I care about that more than I care about crunch. So I recommend you stick with Lays or Kettle.


Notes:

[1] See my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment