Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Product Review: La Panzanella Mini Croccantini

While Santa Claus [1] was picking up some Gran Bu di Bufala cheese [2] and Creminelli Wild Boar salami [3] for me for Christmas, he also spotted these "mini croccantini". Since crackers often go well with cheese and/or salami, he picked some up for me. As near as I've been able to determine, the word croccantini is Italian for "little crunchies" (though the word is also assigned to snap cookies, such as ginger snaps, and crunchy dog food). They are a traditional Italian cracker and in this case they are "mini" because they're significantly smaller than regular croccantini—which makes them "little little crunchies".


My verdict: True to their name, these croccantini have a nice crunch. I thought the flavor was perfect for eating with salami and/or cheese. I would totally buy these again. And as a nice touch, they don't have a significant amount of dairy in them, so Leann can have them, too.


Notes:

[1] See my post Lillian's First Christmas.

[2] Read my review here.

[3] Read my review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment