Sunday, March 31, 2013

Supercali…What?!!

As I've previously mentioned [1], Lilli is pretty good at imitating new words that we teach her. One time, while filming her, I asked her to say "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." Of course, she was unable to:


But then I decided it would be fun to get her to say the syllables separately, on different occasions, and then crop all the videos and stitch them together. She's so cute in each of the videos that I wasn't satisfied to only upload the finished product. So you get to watch the uncut videos for each syllable, first.


It sounds like her nose was a little stuffy in this first one. Sorry if that bothers you.


In this one she's saying her name at the beginning because she sees I have the camera and she wants to watch videos of herself. (Yes, she's a little Narcissist.)


Another syllable…


In this one she was trying to get me to play some YouTube videos for her.[2] You can't really see it, but at the end she gave me a hug—to try to make me more compliant.


In this next video it was bedtime and she was a little out of sorts. Again, she wants to watch videos of herself and doesn't understand why won't let her.


This one is right after bathtime, so her hair is nice and curly.[3] (You can also see Leann lurking in the background.)


In this one she climbed into my lap (so she could watch videos of herself). I leaned back so I could keep fliming her and she decided to follow the camera. At the end she ended up sitting on my neck. Funny girl.

Okay. Thanks for staying with me. Here is the final product:


Hmm. That doesn't sound like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious…

(If you didn't get it, watch the video again. That means you, Ashley.)


Notes:

[1] See my post Reading (with Help).

[2] One of her recent favorites is baby sloths. Another is Chewbacca. Much to Leann's chagrin, I've started including Wookiees in "Old MacDonald Had a Farm…"

[3] See my post Cute Little Curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment