Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Product Review: Cady Creek Farms Farmer's Cheese

I'm not really sure what I actually bought when I purchased Cady Creek Farms Farmer's Cheese. As it turns out, farmer's cheese is a class of cheese, rather than a particular variety.[1][2] It is typically unripened, dry, and crumbly. However this Farmer's cheese wasn't dry or crumbly.


My verdict: The flavor of this cheese was similar to Mozzarella, but a little saltier. The appearance was similar to Havarti in that it had little pockets. This is probably due to the fact that farmer's cheese is made by pressing curds together. But really you might as well just buy Mozzarella.


Notes:

[1] See http://www.cheese.com/Description.asp?Name=Farmer.

[2] The other variety of cheese offered by Cady Creek Farms is the equally-generically-named Block Cheese. I imagine it's the same as this cheese, only in a block.

No comments:

Post a Comment