Thursday, June 16, 2011

Product Review: 3 Musketeers Mint with Dark Chocolate

There are two candy bars which are given to me semi-regularly, yet which are something of a disappointment to me: Milky Way bars and 3 Musketeers bars.[1] They're not gross, or anything like that. They're just not all they could be. Instead of the nougat they're touted for, I'd rather have caramel and nuts, like in a Snickers or a Baby Ruth. However, I love mint, so I decided to give the mint-flavored 3 Musketeers a chance.


My verdict: I honestly didn't think I would like these. In fact, I had already planned a clever way to indicate my dissatisfaction with the candy bar.[2] But, as it turns out, this wasn't that bad. I rather liked it. Granted, I'd like it better if it had even more minty flavor, but it was fine as it was.


Notes:

[1] Incidentally, if you've ever wondered about the name, 3 Musketeers used to come with three mini-candy bars, each a different flavor: chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla—a Neopolitan candy bar, if you will. They stopped making the other two flavors because of sugar rationing during World War II. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3 Musketeers (confectionery).

[2] Lest you be consumed with unfulfilled curiosity, it was this: I was planning to riff off of Darth Vader's line from Return of the Jedi, "Now Obi-Wan's failure is complete." I reserve the right, however, to revisit that concept in some future review.

No comments:

Post a Comment