Thursday, January 13, 2011

Product Review: TGI Friday's Potato Skins: Jalapeño Cheddar

I rather like TGI Friday's cheddar-and-bacon-flavored potato skins. Whenever the vending machine is out of Snyder's cheddar-flavored pretzel pieces [1], that's what I buy. When Leann and I went to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader [2], I bought a bag of the jalapeño-and-cheddar-flavored potato skins and sneaked them into the theater. Well, actually, I put them into Leann's purse and she sneaked them in.


My verdict: I didn't like these. I persevered enough to finish the bag, but I'll never buy them again. They didn't have any heat at all and the jalapeño powder on the chips had a sharp, too-tangy flavor to them. To be honest, had I not seen the label on the bag, I wouldn't have known that they were supposed to be jalapeño-flavored. Either they really gaffed it or they didn't actually use jalapeño peppers. (I didn't check the ingredient list, so I can't say, for sure.)


Notes:

[1] See my review of Snyder's pretzel pieces here.

[2] See my review of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader here.

No comments:

Post a Comment