Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Product Review: 34° Natural Crispbread

I bought these crackers for something new to try with the cheeses I've been sampling. The name of the company, 34°, refers to the 34th Parallel South, which crosses through Sydney, Australia, where the company's founder attended graduate school.[1] The company, however, is based in Boulder, Colorado. The crackers themselves are inspired by Australian crispbread. The crackers are thin and have an uneven edge—it almost looks like they take a scoop of their batter and smear it on a hot surface.


My verdict: Leann really liked these. She said they made her feel elegant when she ate them. I was less enthusiastic. I thought they were a little chalky and flavorless. Their website says, "We created 34° Crispbread as the perfect companion to the world’s favorite cheeses."[2] However, I can't think of any cheese I've had that would pair well with these. I might be persuaded to try one of the flavored varieties of 34° Crispbread [3] (though I doubt it), but I have no desire to eat the "natural" flavor again.


Notes:

[1] See http://cartoonlovinmomma.blogspot.com/2010/10/34-crispbread-review-and-giveaway.html.

[2] See http://34-degrees.com/.

[3] They also make the following flavors/varieties: Sesame, Cracked Pepper, Lemon Zest, Rosemary, and Whole Grain.

No comments:

Post a Comment