Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Product Review: Cheez-It Asiago Crackers

A while back (I've been unable to determine exactly when) Cheez-It crackers held a promotional on Facebook [1], where they let consumers decide what new flavor of Cheez-It cracker they wanted to try. At the end of the contest the winner was Colby cheese.[2] However, they also produced (for a limited time) Asiago crackers exclusively for Wal-Mart (apparently because Wal-Mart shoppers as a sub-group desired the Asiago crackers).


My verdict: These tasted pretty similar to the White Cheddar Cheez-Its. In fact, Leann astutely noted that "white cheddar cheese", "cheddar cheese",  and "parmesan cheese" all appear in the ingredient list ahead of "asiago cheese".[3] I can only guess that either Asiago is too expensive to use it as the sole cheese ingredient or else crackers that have a strong Asiago flavor don't do so well in taste tests. I think I'll just stick to White Cheddar Cheez-Its.


Notes:

[1] See http://www.facebook.com/cheezit/posts/195315760490994.

[2] Read my review of the Colby Cheez-Its here.

[3] See http://www.cheez-it.com/product-detail.aspx?product=26371. (NOTE: This link may expire when they stop making these crackers.)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE CRACKERS.. AND HAVE LOOKED IN EVERY STORE I GO IN.AND CAN NOT FIND THEN!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned in the introduction, these were only offered for a limited time.

      Delete
    2. They're actually back; not sure for how long, though.

      Delete