Thursday, November 3, 2011

Product Review: La Michoacana Mango Popsicle

I can't recall ever having a mango before I went to México on a mission for the LDS Church.[1] Down there all the mangoes I saw were long and yellow (like these). Upon returning to the US I was surprised to see that mangoes are available in most grocery stores, but the mangoes I've found here in the US are usually round and green with a red tinge (like this one). Most of the mangoes I had in México, however, I was able to pick right off the tree. Alas, they don't grow around here.


My verdict: The mango popsicle was very creamy—even after it had sat in my freezer for several weeks and was developing a layer of rime inside the plastic packaging. The flavor, while pleasant, was rather weak and there weren't very many chunks of mango. I liked this popsicle, but it could've been just a little bit better with a stronger mango flavor.


Notes:

[1] For those who are unsure why Latter-day Saints (Mormons) go on missions, I recommend you visit here and here, where you can learn more about LDS beliefs concerning sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you have more questions, ask and maybe I'll do a full post on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment