Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Product Review: Cheez-It Colby Crackers

A while back (I've been unable to determine exactly when) Cheez-It crackers held a promotional on Facebook [1], where they let consumers decide what new flavor of Cheez-It cracker they wanted to try. At the end of the contest the winner was Colby cheese.[2] I can't say I've ever had straight Colby cheese (only Colby-Jack), so I wanted to try these out.


My verdict: These tasted pretty similar to the regular Cheddar Cheez-Its. Prompted by Leann's discovery that the Asiago Cheez-Its weren't really Asiago flavored [1], I checked the ingredient list on this box, too.[2] The main cheese ingredient? It was "cheese made with skim milk". That's all it said! Just some generic cheese. Listed under the "less than 2%" ingredients were "cheddar cheese" and then "colby cheese". I think I'll just stick to regular Cheddar Cheez-Its.


Notes:

[1] Read my review of the Asiago Cheez-Its here.

[2] See http://www2.kelloggs.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=26372. (NOTE: This link may expire when they stop making these crackers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment